| Product Overview |
| || ||
Teflon™ Thinners for Fluoropolymer Coatings
Useful for lowering viscosity of Teflon™ coatings as well as keeping spray equipment clean and at optimal functioning.
Teflon™ thinners can be used for jobs where a lower viscosity is needed or for cleaning and maintaining your spray equipment. Thinners are a cost effective and simple way to clean spray guns by simply running thinner through the gun to clean out the coating from the passage. Well-maintained guns apply coatings with more efficiency and uniformity, as well as save time and money caused by equipment breakdowns. TN-8595 can be used for thinning and cleaning 420G, 958G, and 959G solvent-based products.
||Clean Up and
||All water-based products
To clean with TN-8595/8718/8748:
- Used to thin material for jobs that require low viscosity
- Easy clean up for certain solvent-based Teflon™ product lines
Run some thinner through the gun through the spray equipment, just as if it were a coating.
To reduce material with TN-8595/8748:
- It is recommended that you do so in small increments, around 2 - 3% at a time, typically no more than 5 - 6% overall
- After adding thinner, the material should be re-incorporated by rolling.
- Rolling is the preferred re-incorporation method for liquid Teflon™ coatings.
De-ionized water is recommended for reduction and and clean up of water-based products
The reduction of the liquid coatings will change the performance properties of the finished coating and the coating mixture while spraying. Thinning can have effects on:
Technicians should be aware of these potential changes when applying reduced material.
- The appearance of the finished product
- The performance quality of the coating
- Increase the sensitivity to the required bake cycles
- Shorten the pot life of the material
- Availability: Next day shipping & stocked by Intech Services
- Ordering: Online, fax, and phone
- SDS and Fact Sheets: Always accessible at intechservices.com
Download Marketing Material (PDF)
There are certain technical requirements when applying Teflon™, therefore registration is required to purchase Teflon™ industrial coatings and gain access to Teflon™ Fact Sheets and SDS information. Click here to register for an account. If you are already a registered user, sign in here.