| Product Overview |
| || ||
Specialty 3-Coat Improved Standard Teflon™ System
Premiere coating system for end–uses that require non-stick, thermal stability, and abrasion-resistant properties.
The 3-coat Improved Standard is the premium Teflon™ coating line reinforced for scratch and durability. The line is for end-uses that require non-stick, thermal stability to 500 °F, and high lubricity. Decades of innovation and technology have led to significant improvements in this coating. This water-based, multi-color system is a unique blend of PTFE, PFA, and FEP fluoropolymer chemistry. The primer utilizes On-Smooth technology for easy adhesion to smooth surfaces when necessary. When your application requires ultimate release and superior durability, 3-coat Improved Standard is your choice.
Download Marketing Material (PDF)
There are certain technical requirements when applying Teflon™, therefore registration is required to purchase Teflon™ industrial coatings and gain access to Teflon™ Fact Sheets and SDS information. Click here to register for an account. If you are already a registered user, sign in here.
|Features & Performance Benefits
- Primer can be applied On-Smooth on aluminum substrates
- Thin film, “wet on wet” mid-coat/ topcoat for quick application and cure
- Water-based for low emission environmental standards
- Maximum use temperature of 500 °F
A blend of Teflon fluoropolymers, PTFE, FEP and PFA for above average durability with outstanding non-stick and low friction properties, resulting in a system that can be used in a wide variety of high performance applications.
- Excellent Nonstick properties: premium coating for providing Release
- High Lubricity
- FDA approved for direct food contact regulations in 21CFR
- Chemical and abrasion resistant
For best application, apply to aluminum oxide grit blasted metal substrate. If grit blasting is not appropriate, coating can be applied to smooth clean surface. Spray applied primer is force dried at 5-8 min. at 120-150 °C (248-302 °F), then mid-coat/ topcoat applied wet on wet and cured minimum 5 min. at 428 °C (802 °F) or 3 min. at 435 °C (815 °F) (metal temperature). Peak temperature should not exceed 440 °C (824 °F). See Fact Sheet for complete application information.
|Product Codes | Colors
Primer | 855G-021 | Blue
Midcoat | 857G-135 | Black
Midcoat | 857G-130 | Dark Pewter
Topcoat | 857G-240 | Clear
- Availability: Next day shipping & stocked by Intech Services
- Ordering: Online, fax, and phone
- SDS & Fact Sheets: Always accessible at intechservices.com