| Product Overview |
| || ||
| New Teflon™ Corrosion Resistant Coating
The first truly water-based, low VOC, and easy-to-use coating offering outstanding corrosion resistance of up to 3,000 salt spray hours.
The fasteners below were pretreated with electro plated zinc and applied in accordance with ASTM-B633 Class SC1 including a deposit of 0.3 mils. To improve adhesion of the topcoat, zinc phosphate was applied. These fasteners exhibited less than 15% red rust after 3,000 salt spray hours.
Teflon™ coatings have been improved to provide environmentally friendly fluoropolymer systems that combat the most corrosive environments. One of the newest Teflon™ offerings is a truly water-based one coat system that provide excellent corrosion resistance. These coatings are specifically designed for coating off shore, chemical processing, and water treatment fasteners on substrates such as carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
|Performance & Properties
- Targeted for applications requiring outstanding Corrosion Resistance, Anti-Galling, and Dry Lubrication
- Excellent salt spray test results showing corrosion resistance even without surface pretreatment
- Corrosion resistance can be enhanced if used with recommended primers and substrate pretreatments
- Low Coefficient of Friction reduces required torque
- Excellent corrosion resistance to oil and gas fluids
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
Features & Benefits
- Water-based system
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) emissions (less than 3 lbs/gal)
- Free of heavy metals
- Easy clean-up: No special solvents needed for clean up or thinning, only water
One Coat | 857G-508 | Red
One Coat | 857G-018 | Blue
One Coat | 857G-575 |Yellow
One Coat | 857G-519 | Black
For more information
For more information, click here to Chris Dohl or call 302-366-8530.
To download a PDF of the marketing material for these coatings, click here.
There are certain technical requirements when applying Teflon™, therefore registration is required to purchase Teflon™ coatings and gain access to Teflon™ Fact Sheets and SDS Information. Click Here to Register for an account. If you are already a registered user, sign in here to see SDS and Fact Sheets and to purchase.
For more information about these industrial coatings and the SP11C Specification, visit SP11C.com
Availability: Next day shipping by Intech
Ordering: Online, fax, and phone
SDS and Fact Sheets: Always accessible at intechservices.com