| Product Overview
| New DuPont™ Corrosion Resistant Coating
The first truly water based, low VOC, and easy-to-use coating offering outstanding corrosion resistance of up to 3,000 Salt Spray Hours.
The fasteners below were pretreated with electro plated zinc and applied in accordance with ASTM-B633- Class SC1 including a deposit of .3 mils. To improve adhesion of DuPont's topcoat, zinc phosphate was applied. These fasteners exhibited less than 15% red rust after 3,000 Salt Spray Hours.
DuPont has renewed its technical expertise to provide environmentally friendly fluoropolymer coating systems that combat the most corrosive environments. One of its newest offerings is a true water-based one coat that provides excellent corrosion resistance. Specifically designed for coating off shore, chemical processing, and water treatment fasteners on substrates such as carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Targeted for applications requiring outstanding corrosion resistance, anti-galling, and dry lubrication.
- Excellent salt spray test results showing corrosion resistance even without surface pretreatment.
- Corrosion resistance can be enhanced if used with recommended primers and substrate pretreatments.
- Low coefficient of friction reduces required torque
- Excellent corrosion resistance to oil and gas fluids
- Excellent chemical resistance
Features and Benefits
- Water-based system
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) Emissions(less than 3 lbs/gal)
- Free of heavy metals
- Easy Clean-up: No special solvents needed for clean up or thinning, only water.
Availability: Next Day shipping by Intech
Ordering: Online, Fax, and Phone
MSDS and Fact Sheets: always accessible at intechservices.com
One Coat | 857G-508 | Red
One Coat | 857G-018 | Blue
One Coat | 857G-575 |Yellow
One Coat | 857G-519 | Black
For more information
For more information, click here to
Chris Dohl or call 302-366-8530.
To download a PDF of the marketing material for these coatings, click here
There are certain technical requirements when applying Teflon, therefore registration is required to purchase DuPont™ Teflon® Coatings and gain access to Teflon® Fact Sheets and MSDS Information. Click Here to Register for an account. If you are already a registered user, sign in here to see MSDS and Fact Sheets and to purchase.
For more information about these industrial coatings and the SP11C Specification, visit SP11C.com
Teflon® is a registered trademark of DuPont used under license by Intech Services Inc.